5 Tips For Healthier Skin
Are you happy with your skin, or do you wish that it looked and felt healthier? Many people deal with a variety of different skin concerns. You may feel uncomfortable with your skin and want to know how to improve the appearance and texture. Good skin habits are important in preventing early aging too. Use these tips to start taking better care of your skin today.
- Drink more water. Water is essential to all of the body’s functions. When you’re hydrated, toxins can be flushed from your body. Collagen and elastin, which are proteins in the body that help with plumpness and elasticity, need water too.
- Limit your sun exposure. UV rays can cause melanoma, which is the most dangerous type of skin cancer. In addition, sun exposure can cause premature aging. Wear sunscreen and protective clothing when you spend time outdoors to lower the risks of skin cancer and premature aging.
- Prioritize getting plenty of sleep. Most adults need about 8 hours of sleep. While rest is important so you can make it through your day, it’s also necessary for keeping your skin in great shape. During your sleep, all of the repair processes in your body are at work. This includes repairing your skin.
- Remove your makeup at the end of each day. You might get into the bad habit of sleeping in your makeup. When you sleep in your makeup, your skin cannot renew and regenerate as it’s supposed to. Makeup can also clog your pores if worn overnight, and clogged pores can contribute to acne.
- Visit your dermatologist regularly. Yearly trips to the dermatologist can help to ensure any skin concerns are addressed. If your dermatologist notices any concerning signs, they can be treated promptly. Your dermatologist can give you recommendations for skincare based on your unique needs.
If you’re interested in keeping your skin looking and feeling its best, call AVIVA Dermatology today to schedule an appointment. Dr. Simone Stalling is an experienced dermatologist in Houston, Texas. Visiting a dermatologist near you is one of the best ways to promote healthy skin.